[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with PPTP connection and NAT
 Date:  Tue, 5 Feb 2008 18:09:24 -0500
On Feb 5, 2008 10:35 AM, Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net> wrote:

> > I just want to know if there is a version of m0n0wall that solved the
> > problem with Natting and GRE for users who connect to a WAN PPTP
> > server. We
> > can't have more than one user at the same time connected to the same
> > PPTP
> > server.
>
> FYI - I've played with the ipfilter PPTP NAT proxy module (included in
> ipfilter 4.x). Unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem, which is
> why it is also unsolved in m0n0wall.

Glad to hear you've tried that. Isn't this precisely what that module
is intended to work around? I guess it just doesn't work?

As for work arounds, the only workable solution if PPTP is required is
to use one public IP for each PPTP client. 1:1 or outbound NAT can be
used to accomplish this.

-Chris