[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless card in BSS Mode
 Date:  Wed, 6 Feb 2008 23:52:10 -0500
On Feb 6, 2008 8:17 PM, Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com> wrote:

> I suggest you look into the behavior of ACK generation when you have a
> device behind one 802.11 device sending to a device behind another,
> "ToDS", "FromDS", "Address Field 2", and other bits and pieces.

In other words - p0wned.  :)

On Feb 6, 2008 3:44 AM, Mark Gregson <gregsonm at aanet dot com dot au> wrote:
> I'm inclined to disagree with your thoughts, unless you can provide clear
> evidence why IBSS would be used instead of BSS.

You're obviously new around here - don't question Jim on wireless
issues.  ;)  He's by far the foremost authority on wireless here, and,
well most anywhere for that matter. There are very few people in the
world who know as much about wireless as Jim, you can take what he
says as gospel.

> Besides, I still can't find
> an option to choose the host with which I want to connect in either BSS or
> IBSS mode. It would appear such an option does not exist.

Been a while since I've done it, but IIRC you just select the mode and
type in the SSID.

-Chris