[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nicolai Scheer <scope at planetavent dot de>
 To:  Martin Roth <tild23 at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall with Alix 2C2 or 2C1 - Which device should i get?
 Date:  Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:04:02 +0100
Hi!

Martin Roth wrote:

> What throughput/performance could i expect to get with the LX700 vs the LX800
> with Wan->Lan and Lan->Wan? That is: How fast internet connection could i expect
> to be able to fully use before the Alix/m0n0wall starts to choke?

I actually only own a WRAP that should be (a lot?) slower than the newer
Alix. My internet connection is 18mbit/s down and 1mbit/s up (ADSL2+,
PPPoE) and my WRAP handles both directions at full speed without any
problems.

Just a remark: When I used version 1.2.x of m0n0wall I was able to
browse the m0n0wall GUI while doing a full-speed download. Using 1.3b.x
this is not possible anymore, so the WRAP does handle the traffic but
somehow reaches its limit.

bye,

Nico