[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WAN DHCP problem
 Date:  Sat, 09 Feb 2008 00:27:24 +0100
Hello

My internet connection runs over Kabel Deutschland, which is a cable
provider here in Germany (guess the name :-))

Since some week I have a problem:
Every night between 11:50pm and 0:10am the m0n0wall will lose it's WAN
IP adress. It tries to renew it via DHCP, but it won't receive one.
My first guess was that my provider may have a problem with the
DHCP-server. But I connected my PC the cable modem directly for some
days, and the problem went away. Back to m0n0wall (a new box with
different NICs), and the problem showed up again.

Here's a snapshot of the log files (an older one, before I connected my
PC to the cablemodem directly):