[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  M0n0 on Alix: Performance Problems
 Date:  Sat, 09 Feb 2008 11:34:23 +0100
Hello,

I just migrated from 1.233 on Wrap to 1.3b9 on Alix.  It was incredibly smooth!  Set up the new HW,

Sache!

Does the other way aroung work, too?  That means, save the config on Alix and push it onto the Wrap.

And I have a weird problem.  The new Alix should now be really fast compared to the Wrap.  But I do
not get any further than about 6,000kb/s.  The line has a max of 20,000kb/s and when I put the Wrap
back on line I get about 17,000kb/s.  I think something must be wrong but I have no idea, especially
as both configs are the same.  Can anybody help with this?

And while I'm writing this the Alix hung, that means the Alix worked but no packets went in or out
anymore.  I had to reboot.  How stable is the 1.3b9 release on the Alix board?

And a last one: What is the better way to go, use interrupts or device polling on Wrap and Alix?

Thanks a lot!
-lutzn