[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "William F. Dudley Jr." <wfdudley at gmail dot com>
 To:  "lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net" <lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0 on Alix: Performance Problems
 Date:  Sat, 9 Feb 2008 08:27:03 -0500
I thought it was just me, but now that you mention it . . .

I've had my Alix2C3 running 1.3b5 for about a couple of months now, and in
that time, it's hung about three times.  By "hung", I mean that the DMZ and
WAN ports no longer pass traffic.  I have no idea if the third (LAN) port works
at that point, since each time, I didn't have the time to boot up a machine on
the LAN port and test to see if the Alix board was responding.

Power cycling the Alix brought it back from the dead.

My WAN side is a T1, so it's not like I have big bandwidth here.

I have no idea how to debug this.  If there was console access via the
serial port . . .

Bill Dudley

On 2/9/08, lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net <lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> And while I'm writing this the Alix hung, that means the Alix worked but no packets went in or out
anymore.  I had to reboot.  How stable is the 1.3b9 release on the Alix board?