[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN DHCP problem
 Date:  Sat, 09 Feb 2008 20:44:29 +0100
Falcor schrieb:
> Another work-around would be spoofing the MAC on your WAN to be that
> of the PC's NIC.  Many times you need to reset the cable modem itself
> if you put a new device on it.  E.g. another computer, a firewall,
> etc.  Some cable companies restrict things down to the MAC you
> registered with them.  E.g. your workstation probably.  With all of
> these, spoofing the MAC from your PC's NIC on the WAN interface should
> get around it.
No, this is not the case for my ISP. They register the MAC of the
cablemodem to make sure nobody else will use your account.
When I change the device that gets the public WAN IP just have to
restart the cablemodem.

Maybe you got my issue wrong: My m0n0wall will receive it's public IP
via DHCP just fine, but after running all the day it will lose that IP
around midnight.