[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN DHCP problem
 Date:  Sat, 9 Feb 2008 15:05:57 -0500
On Feb 8, 2008 6:59 PM, Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de> wrote:

> I knew that this answer would come.
> So please tell me this: Why do in not have the problem when I have my
> computer connected to the cablemodem directly? OS is Windows XP.

Like I said, it's almost impossible to know without having access to
the DHCP server logs. m0n0wall is trying to get a lease, your ISP
isn't offering one. The easiest thing to do is get your ISP to tell
you why. There could be any number of reasons and it's very difficult
to narrow it down without ISP involvement.

-Chris