[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN DHCP problem
 Date:  Sat, 09 Feb 2008 21:08:08 +0100
Did you try to disable ACPI on your motherboard - or any other power
saving function ?
I don't have an issue running ACPI with it, but I had some time ago
troubles with my network card going into sleep mode on a Win32
computer... disable power saving solved my issue...

Don't know if this is the same case for you with your monowall-box.

ps. power saving doesn't necessarely shut down your computer, it can be
just enough to save a little energy, and just enough to shut down the
NIC itself... not allowing you to get the same or a new IP.