[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bob Gustafson <bobgus at rcn dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN DHCP problem
 Date:  Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:16:13 -0600
If you have a spare computer with 2 ethernet ports, you could set up its
iptables to pass everything through from one port to the other, then if
you need to, clone the ethernet port MAC to satisfy your ISP, then
connect this computer in between your m0n0wall machine and the cable
modem.

If you run Wireshark and capture all of the packets around the time of
the IP lease loss, you can see what is going on.

Do the same hookup, but with your PC that does not loose its IP at
midnight, and compare the captures..

Bob G