[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Henning Andreseck <AndreseckH at gymszbad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] "Read Error"
 Date:  Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:16:35 +0100
Hi, any other system works (like debian/linux oder windows) the hdd si
master, no cable select.
what exactly do you mean with the "drive paramters" in the bios?

Michel Servaes schrieb:
> - I would firstly check the drive parameters being correct in the BIOS.
> - Check master/slave
> - Do not use Cable Select
>
> I created the image using physdiskwrite, as a true administrator, on a
> Vista64 system... before I did this using my account (with elevated
> rights), which did not work (and gave me the same problem as you have,
> but you're doing it otherwise, so that wouldn't be it)
>
> Henning Andreseck schreef:
>> Hi,
>> i just tried to set up a m0n0wall. I booted from the dsl-cd,
>> downloaded the generic-pc-image und wrote it to the disc using
>> gunzip -c generic-pc-xxx.img | dd of=/dev/hda bs=16k
>> but it doesnt work. when i boot is just says "Read Error". I tried it
>> with as askozia as well, same error.
>> you have some ideas?
>> thanks

Henning Andreseck		Tel: 05341/394931
Hirtenweg 115			VOIP: 05341/4029356
38259 Salzgitter 		Fax: 01212-513-076-295
-				Mobil: 01520/1953206
ICQ: 343-550-862		URL: http://www.andreseck.de
MSN: HAndreseck at gmx dot de		E-Mail: AndreseckH at gymszbad dot de
Jabber: henning at jabber dot gymszbad dot de
-
PGP-Key: http://andreseck.de/Henning_Andreseck.asc
AndreseckH.vcf (0.2 KB, text/x-vcard)