[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Henning Andreseck <AndreseckH at gymszbad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] "Read Error"
 Date:  Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:21:22 +0100
the parameters are set automatically. everything seems to be fine...any
other os has no problem with running on the mashine...

Michel Servaes schrieb:
> The drive geometry params... like Cylinders Heads Sectors...
> LBA
>
> that kind of stuff...
>

> I have installed mine on a CF card (512MB), and had to manually enter
> them in the bios - otherwise it even wouldn't find my CF card. (but
> that has nothing to do with monowall or any other OS)
>
> Henning Andreseck schreef:
>> Hi, any other system works (like debian/linux oder windows) the hdd
>> si master, no cable select.
>> what exactly do you mean with the "drive paramters" in the bios?
>>

>> Michel Servaes schrieb:
>>> - I would firstly check the drive parameters being correct in the BIOS.
>>> - Check master/slave
>>> - Do not use Cable Select
>>>
>>> I created the image using physdiskwrite, as a true administrator, on
>>> a Vista64 system... before I did this using my account (with
>>> elevated rights), which did not work (and gave me the same problem
>>> as you have, but you're doing it otherwise, so that wouldn't be it)

Henning Andreseck		Tel: 05341/394931
Hirtenweg 115			VOIP: 05341/4029356
38259 Salzgitter 		Fax: 01212-513-076-295
-				Mobil: 01520/1953206
ICQ: 343-550-862		URL: http://www.andreseck.de
MSN: HAndreseck at gmx dot de		E-Mail: AndreseckH at gymszbad dot de
Jabber: henning at jabber dot gymszbad dot de
-
PGP-Key: http://andreseck.de/Henning_Andreseck.asc
AndreseckH.vcf (0.2 KB, text/x-vcard)