[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] "Read Error"
 Date:  Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:16:32 -0600
Henning Andreseck wrote:
> Hi,
> i just tried to set up a m0n0wall. I booted from the dsl-cd, downloaded
> the generic-pc-image und wrote it to the disc using
> gunzip -c generic-pc-xxx.img | dd of=/dev/hda bs=16k
> but it doesnt work. when i boot is just says "Read Error". I tried it
> with as askozia as well, same error.
> you have some ideas?
> thanks

I use the Free BSD live CD, so some translation might be needed.  The
FreeBSD command 'ata-ctl list' should be about the same as 'fdisk -l' as
root for recognized hard drives.  My first thought is that your drive is
/dev/sda not /dev/hda  But you can just get Chris's CD here,
http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=17 just to make sure it is not a
linux thing.

			Lee