[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0 on Alix: Performance Problems
 Date:  Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:14:58 +0100
> > And I have a weird problem.  The new Alix should now be really fast
> compared to the Wrap.  But I do not get any further than about 6,000kb/s.  The
> line has a max of 20,000kb/s and when I put the Wrap back on line I get
> about 17,000kb/s.  I think something must be wrong but I have no idea,
> especially as both configs are the same.  Can anybody help with this?
> >

> Any errors on Status->Interfaces?

No errors.  Everything is fine.  Except that the speed is low.  If I change and use the Wrap the
speed is normal again.

> What type of WAN connection?

26Mbit cable.  And I used to get about 17Mbit from certain servers.  If I change to the Wrap I come
to that speed again.

> > And while I'm writing this the Alix hung, that means the Alix worked but
> no packets went in or out anymore.  I had to reboot.  How stable is the
> 1.3b9 release on the Alix board?
> >

> Haven't seen any issues on 4 I now have in production on 1.3b9 in a
> variety of environments.

There was somebody else answering who has the same problem.

Thanks,
-lutzn