[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0 on Alix: Performance Problems
 Date:  Sun, 10 Feb 2008 03:33:58 -0500
On Feb 10, 2008 3:14 AM,  <lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net> wrote:

> 26Mbit cable.  And I used to get about 17Mbit from certain servers.  If I change to the Wrap I
come to that speed > again.

DHCP or static IP WAN, I presume?

I recall somebody else claiming performance issues with PPPoE on ALIX,
so I was suspecting maybe there was something to that and you were
seeing the same. Since I doubt if you're using PPPoE, this probably
isn't related (or maybe is, and it's not mpd/PPPoE-specific).

Not sure what to tell you, haven't seen any issues myself, performance
or reliability.

-Chris