[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN DHCP problem
 Date:  Fri, 15 Feb 2008 02:26:25 -0500
On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Carsten Holbach
<Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de> wrote:
> New information: I've got pfSense running at my cablemodem for two days
>  now. No problems with that.

I'm glad you mentioned this, it reminded me of something. I had
forgotten some dhclient issues in pfSense that were fixed quite a
while ago.

It's related to dhclient-script, but none of the pfSense developers
seemed to know exactly which change eventually resolved it. There were
groans at the mention of the problem.  :)  It wasn't pretty to figure
out and resolve.

Best they could offer is the latest version in pfSense fixes several
dhclient issues, this one apparently among them, and has no known
dhclient issues (and there used to be dozens of pfSense users with
DHCP problems). So here's what works, hopefully Manuel can merge the
relevant changes as it should resolve this.
http://pfsense.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pfSense/sbin/dhclient-script?rev=1.28.2.16.2.2;content-type=text%2Fplain

-Chris