[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Cotter" <andrew dot cotter at somersetcapital dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Enable or rename interface locks up system
 Date:  Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:03:42 -0500
Hello,

We have run into this issue a couple times now and I do not see a similar
issue in the mailing lists.  Maybe I am missing it.  I also looked through
recent change logs and do not see anything related.

We have M0n0wall running on a few different platforms.  The wraps are fine.
We have v 1.231 running on a watchguard x500 box with 6 ports.  The box is
stable and has had no problem keeping up with our various rules and traffic.

The problem arises in two ways.  1) When we enable an interface that
previously had been disabled.  Today it was OPT2.  As soon as you enable it
the box becomes unresponsive on all ports including LAN and we need to
console into it and reboot it.  Once you reboot things seem fine.  No time
period seems to help.  We waited 5-10 minutes (while on route to the box)
and it did not come back up.

The second way we experience this is with on the same page
(interfaces_opt.php?index=2 in this case), if we rename the interface and
save it, the same routine applies and we need to console in and reboot.

This is not just on this adapter which is a realtec chip I believe.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew