[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridge Interfaces in a different way from "Bridging" interfaces
 Date:  Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:07:00 -0700
On 15/02/2008, Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com> wrote:I am trying to
take the 3 Wireless cards on my m0n0wall and have them
all go through Captive Portal, but CAP Portal wont allow you to do that
if the interface is bridged.  Anyone have an idea.

-Chris Flugstad

Some thoughts.

1. Daisy-chain 3 monowalls, each with a wireless AP, each running captive
portal. Ugly solution, as there's lots of hardware and routing gets messy.

2. Use wds or range extenders. Again, more hardware, but at least you're
only running a single monowall and a single subnet for your wireless. CP
will work, and you get the added liberty of separating your APs
geographically. I'm trying to imagine why you might want 3 bridged APs in
one place.

db