[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <lists at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'JR'" <tiresias at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ALIX system time
 Date:  Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:10:57 -0000
> Has anyone else with ALIX routers had problems with the system time being
> wrong?

Yes, because (to my understanding) it doesn't have a battery backup, as you suspected.

> I've seen cases where ntp will not set the clock if the
> difference between the system time and the actual time is too great.

I don't think it's that, because it seems to happen randomly, not every time. I think that sometimes
NTP comes up before the net connection, and then fails because uk.pool.ntp.org (in my case, yours is
obviously different) isn't resolvable.

I have found it much more reliable using a local NTP server on the LAN interface rather than getting
time from <something>.pool.ntp.org. Might be worth giving that a try?

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it