[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <lists at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Bob Gustafson'" <bobgus at rcn dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Writing CF cards under Vista
 Date:  Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:13:30 -0000
> Vista has a bigger RAM footprint - maybe all the CF info is in a
> buffer..

Not impossible, but I would have thought that with the CF drive set to "optimize for quick removal"
this would disable any write-back cache in operation on the device.

> Are you doing any mount/umount? When I umount a CF disk (not using
> physdiskwrite or Vista though), the disk writer light blinks for awhile

I've noticed this too (using xubuntu on an Asus eeePC with an SD card). Fortunately said SD card
stays in the machine all the time :-)

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it