[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Armstrong <lists at memetic dot org>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall DHCP customisation
 Date:  Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:13:03 +0000
Hi All,

Would it be easy (or even advisable) to add a feature whereby additional
options can be added to the DHCP configuration?

I would like to give out Option 066 and 067 reponses to devices
connecting getting a DHCP address on our VoIP LAN to ease deployment (at
the moment we can't trust the vendor to direct the phones to our servers
as default).

Either getting m0n0 to include the settings in its config for the
specific interface if the entry box is set, or allowing a text box to
put in custom options would be fine. I guess the first would be easier
though?

Example :

server-name "http://prov.company.com"; # Option 066

filename "snom.php?mac={mac}"; # Option 067

If all of this is impossible for any reason, I will start making custom
images which hard-code these settings into the m0n0 dhcp file, but I
thought there must be some others around who would like this option,
perhaps for diskless workstations?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to restrict DHCP output to a
range of MAC addresses? For example, a single vendor's MAC range? I find
manually assigning DHCP to be a bit hit and miss, as I always forget!

Thanks,
adam.