[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Virgil Champlin <champlin at stupidog dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  msntp hostname problem (nee ALIX system time)
 Date:  Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:34:24 -0800
On Feb 17, 2008, at 3:40 AM, JR wrote:

> It seems msntp has a bug where it will not resolve hostnames that
> begin with a number; instead it tries to treat them as IP addresses.

I contacted the original author of msntp and he knew of no support
for it.  Nor could I find a version newer than the one in the FreeBSD
port, 1.6, which was released October, 2000.  The fix is trivial so I
asked the Ports authorities if they would add it as a patch to the
net/msntp port.  They kindly agreed and at least a version built from
the FreeBSD Ports distribution should no longer have this behavior.
I hope this helps you some.  Good Luck, -virgil