[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alexander Goldstone <m0n0wall dash list at zander dot net>
 To:  Andrew Lewis <andrew at coastal dot com>
 Cc:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] LoadBalancing revisited
 Date:  Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:32:41 +0000
I am not sure load balancing should be carried out by a firewall. Would it not
be better to have a dedicated firewall(S) for each connection.

Automatic failover, however, would be good. Failover itself would be fairly
trivial to add unless you expected state to be kept. It would be a bit more
work to automatically update the configuration of the backup firewall as the
primary firewall was changed. It would be a much larger job to failover keeping
state.

Alex.