[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin Backus <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problems with Dyndns update
 Date:  Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:50:31 -0500
At 09:28 AM 2/13/2004, Christiaens Joachim wrote:
> [...]

You can however check the ip in the script to verify that it is/isn't the
same as the last check.  If they match, do nothing, if the don't execute
whatever you like.  I used this setup to email my ip address to the office
any time it changed until I found out about dyndns.  This script from my RH
7.2 machine worked great.  It ran once a minute.  The only quirky part is
it generated 2 emails, one when the link went down and another when it came
back up.  That actually turned out to give me an easy way to track outages
however.

/sbin/ifconfig ppp0 | grep 'inet addr' >tmp2
D=$(/usr/bin/diff -q tmp1 tmp2)
case $D in
         '') ;;
         'Files tmp1 and tmp2 differ') cp tmp2 tmp1;elm -s IPChng office,
myemail at myisp dot com < tmp2 &>nul;;
esac

Good, Fast, Cheap... Pick any two