[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DNS Configuration in m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:35:23 +1000
Hi All,

This has been brought up by a few people on this list in the past, but
there's been no solutions to date.

I have seen this on a few occasions myself, so it is not limited to my
own connection.  With a PPPOE provided IP/DNS, m0n0wall fails to utilize
the PPPOE-assigned DNS Server addresses when the "Allow DNS server list
to be overridden by DHCP/PPP on WAN" box on the "System: General Setup"
page is checked.  This can be demonstrated by clearing the "DNS Servers"
settings in "System: General Setup" and rebooting - "ping www.yahoo.com"
fails from the webGUI.  As soon as valid DNS Servers are manually
entered in the "DNS Servers" boxes, name resolution succeeds.  This
continues to work after a reboot.

Have others noticed this issue with non-PPPOE connections, or is it just
an error with PPPOE connections.  Either way, if we can get a few more
people to confirm this error, I believe it would then be an easy fix for
Manuel to implement in the next release.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/