[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Hilton at QuarkAV dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS Configuration in m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:57:32 +0100
Hilton Travis wrote:

> own connection.  With a PPPOE provided IP/DNS, m0n0wall fails to utilize
> the PPPOE-assigned DNS Server addresses when the "Allow DNS server list
> to be overridden by DHCP/PPP on WAN" box on the "System: General Setup"
> page is checked.  This can be demonstrated by clearing the "DNS Servers"

I checked the MPD link-up script again a few days ago, and it all
appears to be correct. I have to assume then that MPD doesn't really
pass the DNS servers to the link-up script, at least not for PPPoE
connections, which means that there's nothing I can do about it - other
than changing all notes in the webGUI that say that it works.

- Manuel