[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sharif Nassar <m0n0wall dash list at mrwacky dot com>
 To:  Melvin Backus <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problems with Dyndns update
 Date:  Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:07:54 -0800 (PST)
(I personally don't like bottom posting, but c'est la vie)
(see below :)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Melvin Backus wrote:

> At 09:28 AM 2/13/2004, Christiaens Joachim wrote:

I have my m0n0wall logging to my linux box which runs swatch with this in
the config file:

===
watchfor = /.*ppp-linkup ng0 inet (\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}).*/
        exec="/root/bin/update_ip $*"
        echo
===

/root/bin/update_ip is a shell script to compare the new IP with the old.
If it is different, the script will update remote DNS servers and send me
a page.

Conveniently, since migrating to m0n0wall, my IP only happens to change as
often as I upgrade m0n0wall.
I used to lose my PPPOE connection all the time with the linux rp-pppoe
client.  yay m0n0!

-sharif