[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.0 released
 Date:  Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:54:11 -0500
On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 02:05:51PM +0100, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> Today, exactly one year after the first version of m0n0wall has been
> released on 02/15/2003, I'm proud to announce the immediate availability
> of m0n0wall 1.0. I decided that it was about time we had a real release
> (it seemed that some people had forgotten that "pb" stood for "public
> beta" anyway), and today felt like the right day to do it.

I was happy to wake up today and find a new version to play with.
Way to go Manuel!  Happy first Birthday to m0n0wall!

Such is the wonderfulness of m0n0wall that I was able to update
one net4801 to 1.0 over an IPSec link without any problems at all.
Everything "just worked".

This is the first version of m0n0wall that has given me the dreaded
"corrupt image" during upgrade on a net4511.  Rather than disassemble
it and have everything down during the time to reflash, and reload
the config, I grabbed the test net4801 and replaced it with that.
I restored the config, then upgraded, and everything is good again.
Guess I'll be using the net4511 for testing now.

Manuel, congratulations on such a fine piece of work in such a short
period of time!  I wish I could do more to support this project.  I do
evangelize it a lot.  *grin*

jim