[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Timothy Jans" <timothy dot jans at pandora dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Proxy ARP
 Date:  Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:45:18 +0100
Hello,

My problem is the folowing :

My provider gives me 2 IP adresses by DHCP.
The first one is used by the WAN (1st interface) to share my internet
connection from the LAN (2th interface).
On the 3th interface I have a server. I have managed to bridge my 3th
interface to the WAN, so the server will get the second IP adress (with
dhcp) from my provider.
All working well, but my server isn't running all day and every time i put
it on it gets an other IP from my provider.

Can I use Proxy ARP to keep my same IP if I put the server on? Or is proxy
ARP used for something else?
And what do I have to fill in for "IP adress" or "IP range" since I don't
know with IP i'm going to get?

Thanks in advance,
Timothy