[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP Server with PPTP Clients Behind
 Date:  Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:55:10 +1000
Hi Ben,

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 07:06, Ben Carlisle wrote:
> Folks,
>    Just got m0n0 working and I love it (convert from shorewall on a Linux
> machine). I am having one problem however. When I enable the PPTP server on
> m0n0, my LAN clients from behind m0n0 cannot open VPN PPTP connections to
> the outside world. If I disable the PPTP server, connections are opened
> fine.
>
>    I'd like to have my m0n0 machine as a PPTP server for road warrior-type
> connections from the outside world, and allow PPTP from clients on the LAN
> to outside PPTP servers. Can I do both?

The reason you cannot do this is because when the PPTP Server is running
on m0n0wall, it needs to use the same ports/protocols that need to be
forwarded thru the m0n0wall if you want to get internal machines making
PPTP connections.  The only way this could possibly work is if you had
multiple public IPs, and utilize one for the PPTP Server, and another
for the outbound clients.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/