[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Pierre =?iso-8859-1?Q?Wil=E9n?= <pierre at neliw dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Chassi fan stops when m0n0wall loads
 Date:  Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:27:01 +0100 (CET)
Hello,

I have a m0n0wall mini-ITX setup, with an VIA EPIA EK8000EG motherboard and
a Morex Cubid 3688 chassi. m0n0wall is run from a Transcend IDE flash module
and works like a charm.

The box is currently running without any fans, which seems to work fine even
tho it's quite warm (not burning hot).

The chassi comes with a small fan that runs for about 5-10 seconds when the
system is booted, then stops. It seems like once m0n0wall is loaded - the
fan stops. Why?
Is there anything in the software that prevents system fans from running?

The fan is connected to the system fan connector on the motherboard.

My guess is that connecting it to a regular molex power connector would
solve the problem, but it would of course be nice to avoid this step if
possible (my mini-ITX build is short of free molex contacts).

Any advice?

Greetings
/Pierre