[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Roland Giesler" <roland at thegreentree dot za dot net>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "Giles Filmer" <giles at frogfoot dot com>
 Subject:  Re: Using multiple Ip's on WAN port (Server NAT)
 Date:  Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:12:21 +0200
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Roland Giesler
<roland at thegreentree dot za dot net> wrote:

Further to this issue, the following information is found in the
m0n0wall handbook:

----------------------
16.9.1. Proxy ARP

If any of the following applies to your setup, you should be fine
without proxy ARP:

    *  the additional IP addresses that you're trying to use are part
of a subnet that is routed to you by your ISP (i.e. your ISP has a
static route for that subnet with your m0n0wall's WAN IP address as
the gateway)

This is exactly what I have set up.  I have copied the ISP in this
mail, to keep them in the loop.

We have:

Static IP configuration
IP address  x.x.193.202/29
Gateway  x.x.193.201

This means that it should just work without Proxy ARP, but it doesn't
with or without.  With Proxy ARP on, at least I see the incoming
packets being logged in M0n0wall, but without, the packets are denied.

15:08:53.340680 vr0 @200:3 p 88.198.39.133 -> x.x.193.203 PR icmp len
20 84 icmp echo/0 K-S IN

Yet the sender, as I said before, gets 4 timeouts.

What could be wrong that this doesn't work???  It's very frustrating,
especially since that has been working before.

regards

Roland