[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Harald Sauff <harald dot sauff at tu dash harburg dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Chassi fan stops when m0n0wall loads
 Date:  Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:42:44 +0100
Hi,

> The chassi comes with a small fan that runs for about 5-10 seconds when the
> system is booted, then stops. It seems like once m0n0wall is loaded - the
> fan stops. Why?
> Is there anything in the software that prevents system fans from running?

I suppose that the fan is temperature controlled. During booting it's
switched on (as some kind of self test), after that (5-10 seconds) it
goes to automatic mode. That means it only works when the system
temperature gets too high. Probably m0n0wall produces such a small
system load that it doesn't trigger the temperature sensor, hence the
fan stands still.

greetings,
  Harry