[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IP:port redirect to LAN IP
 Date:  Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:31:17 +0100
If I understand correctly, you want your router to appear, when you type
http://mono.ch:80
If that is the matter, you should alter your internal DNS server
(another machine than the monowall) to forward mono.ch to an internal
address only...

I believe you ask this question, since some commercial routers offer a
small DNS footprint for their web-interface (eg. Netgear)

I don't think m0n0wall has an option to enter separate DNS addresses, it
just forwards them to a real DNS server (either on your WAN, or your LAN)