[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Stewart Gilray" <stewart at just dash addwater dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Multiple servers, both have an apache install on.
 Date:  Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:01:49 -0000
Hey,
I'm a bit of a noobie at "complex" setups but here's my problem, if anyone
can help I'd be hugely grateful as this is causing me a major headache.

We have 2 servers, BOX1 & BOX2, as well as m0n0wall installed on an old OLD
box doing nothing but m0n0wall.

On BOX2 we have email and web server, on BOX1 we have our version control
software, the problem is, until last thursday everything was on the single
box, anyway, our version control software also uses port 80, as does our web
server (apache 2.2.4) on BOX1.

How can I get it so that e.g.

VCS.DOMAIN.COM:80 will work correctly on BOX1 and,
ANYTHINGELSE.DOMAIN.COM:80 will work correctly on BOX2

Currently domains are setup correctly under DNS forwarding, however under
Firewall RULES and NAT, both point port 80 to BOX2, is there a way I can get
port 80 to point to both boxes under certain circumstances or indeed an
advance rule?

There must be some way to do it, E.G. a further rule that says ...

If incoming domain request eq VCS.DOMAIN.COM:80 then point to BOX1 else BOX2

Thanks for this, my MD is going crazy at me for not finding this our before
we installed the new box, so anything you can help with would be great.

Cheers.

Stewart Gilray | ( +44 (0)844 884 9936 | *
<blocked::mailto:stewart at just dash addwater dot com> stewart at just dash addwater dot com | 8
<blocked::http://www.just-addwater.com/> www.just-addwater.com