[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Peter Teunissen" <lists at onemanifest dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple servers, both have an apache install on.
 Date:  Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:48:46 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, February 26, 2008 13:01, Stewart Gilray wrote:
> We have 2 servers, BOX1 & BOX2, as well as m0n0wall installed on an old
OLD box doing nothing but m0n0wall.

> How can I get it so that e.g.
>
> VCS.DOMAIN.COM:80 will work correctly on BOX1 and,
> ANYTHINGELSE.DOMAIN.COM:80 will work correctly on BOX2

The problem is that m0n0wall can only route a single port to a single
machine. So for routing port 80 to two machines, you're out of luck. There
are some other options though:

* The best solution would be to use two external ip adresses, one for each
server.

* If you only have one external ip, than you could look into using
mod_proxy on apache on BOX1, and redirect requests to the proxy to the
right internal server.

* Another option could be to have your version control sever use ssl on
port 443 so you could NAT port 80 tot BOX1 and port 443 to BOX2. If you
don't want to use ssl, and you know all the users of the version control
server and are able to inform them of a new url including a portnumber,
then you could use an arbitrary high port (for example 8080) for BOX2.

--
Groet,

Peter Teunissen

---
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and
those who don't...

--
Groet,

Peter Teunissen