[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "A.Kashkarov" <ovnt at ufps dot nnov dot ru>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] IP:port redirect to LAN IP
 Date:  Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:24:04 +0300
Hello

>> How it is possible to make a redirect of the external address,
>> for example http://m0n0.ch:80, to local network on LAN IP m0n0wall?
>>
>> If LAN IP m0n0wall 192.168.1.5 access to a site
>> should be to  http://192.168.1.5:8080?

> I'm not sure I understand your question. Doesn't a regular port
> forward do the trick you need? NAT + rule?

Yes, NAT + rule is great. But nat + rule works only with Initial Address within LAN.
My task includes situations when Initial Address does not belong to the LAN,
actually Initial Address is somethere in the Internet.

Here is an example of redirection scheme:
The initial Address: Initial Port-> Connection Address: Connection Port
m0n0.ch:80-> 192.168.1.5:8080

I think "Inbound NAT" is not suitable for such situation.
May be there are some other opportunities?

I wish to get "rinet"-like feature from m0n0wall. (<http://www.boutell.com/rinetd/>)
I use m0n0wall Version 1.23 built on Sat Mar 10 14:21:36 CET 2007

all the best

Alexander