[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Camenzind Patrick (KSDB 533)" <patrick dot camenzind at credit dash suisse dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Multiple dynamic external IPs in the DMZ
 Date:  Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:17:16 +0100
Hi all,

a special flavour of the multiple dynamic external IP discussion on this
list, I think, is my problem.

From my ISP I get four dynamic IP's. one will be the WAN IP of m0n0wall.
The other three IPs should be used for servers in the DMZ (in bridged
mode with WAN). I'd like to have m0n0wall filtering the traffic to these
hosts in the DMZ, with individual rules for each host. When I set up an
alias for each host, I would have to maintain the aliasses manually when
IPs change, I guess, or is there a way to bind an alias to a DynDNS
entry (updated through the server itself, not m0n0wall) or a MAC address
(as they are clearly known and unique :-) within my DMZ)? Any ideas how
to solve this problem are highly welcome.

Regards

Patrick Camenzind