[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Pierre =?iso-8859-1?Q?Wil=E9n?= <pierre at neliw dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Chassi fan stops when m0n0wall loads
 Date:  Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:49:34 +0100 (CET)
I have researched this and there does not seem to be any setting for this
in the bios. I can only see the current CPU-temp and the fan speed in the
bios.

The FAN-section in the manual says the following:
"CPU Fan and System Fan: CPUFAN and SYSFAN
The CPUFAN (CPU fan) and SYSFAN (system fan) run on +12V and maintain
system cooling. When connecting the wire to the connectors, always be
aware that the red wire is the Positive and should be connected to the +12V.
The black wire is Ground and should always be connected to GND.
FAN_MCM is a switch that is used by high-quality fans to monitor the system
temperature and will automatically adjust according to the environment."

Does this mean that it only runs based on a hidden, preset, threshold?

I have also set a cpu and chassi max temperature threshold (powerdown if
things get too warm I guess?) - but this should be unrelated?

Connecting the fan to a regular molex connector works, so problem is
"solvable", but as described when connected to the sysfan 3-pin
motherboard connector it stops running after boot is completed.

Thanks for your input.

/P