[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b10 released
 Date:  Sun, 02 Mar 2008 00:49:53 +0100
How long was your box running before the upgrade ?
I first rebooted with the 1.3b9, made a backup of config.xml, and then
made an upgrade to 1.3b10  (after that I made a new backup of the
config.xml)

In each and every upgrade I do it like stated above, to make sure
nothing is dodgy before an upgrade...

Because in your case, it might be that the cf-card is already faulty
(since monowall runs entirely in RAM when it is loaded) - I also use a
CF-IDE converter, but I run on a compaq deskpro pentium III

Try to format the CF card in your computer, see if that gives errors or
not (do a full format) - and then rewrite the card with the
physdiskwrite tool... at least that's what I would try - hope this helps
you out ;)

(sorry about the post straight to you Carsten, that was by accident -
thanks for notifying)