[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Beta 1.3b10 released
 Date:  Sat, 1 Mar 2008 18:53:41 -0500
On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Fred Grayson <fred underscore grayson at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Thanx for m0n0wall, it's awesome. Former GNATBox user here.
>
>  One small thing about the latest Beta 1.3b10 - I upgraded with this image and in all the places I
can find it, the screens show I'm still running 1.233.

>  Yes, a minor cosmetic point, but it may be confusing for others. I even upgraded again thinking I
used the older 1.233 image by mistake (I keep all the images in one folder).

If it says 1.233, you're running 1.233. The upgrade must be failing
for some reason.  Someone on IRC recently was also reporting failed
upgrades from 1.233 to 1.3b9 (latest at the time).

Generally failed upgrades are caused by lack of RAM (< 64 MB), or
using too old a version to attempt the 1.3 upgrade, but the person
reporting this in IRC had 256 MB RAM and was running 1.233 so I wasn't
sure what to tell him.

-Chris