[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 Cc:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b10 released
 Date:  Sun, 02 Mar 2008 00:55:45 +0100
Hello

Michel Servaes schrieb:
> How long was your box running before the upgrade ?
It ran with 1.39b after this has been released. I shut down my box every
night, so the uptime was about 12 hours today. It booted with 1.3b the
last afternoon.

> I first rebooted with the 1.3b9, made a backup of config.xml, and then
> made an upgrade to 1.3b10  (after that I made a new backup of the
> config.xml)
>
> In each and every upgrade I do it like stated above, to make sure
> nothing is dodgy before an upgrade...
Yeah, but this is not the problem. The box won't come up again however.

> Because in your case, it might be that the cf-card is already faulty
> (since monowall runs entirely in RAM when it is loaded) - I also use a
> CF-IDE converter, but I run on a compaq deskpro pentium III
See above, the uptime today was about 12 hours.

> Try to format the CF card in your computer, see if that gives errors
> or not (do a full format) - and then rewrite the card with the
> physdiskwrite tool... at least that's what I would try - hope this
> helps you out ;)
I will do a complete format tomorrow. I already tried to re-flash it
cleanly with phydiskwrite - no change.

> (sorry about the post straight to you Carsten, that was by accident -
> thanks for notifying)
Never mind. The emails that come over the mailing list are formatted on
a way where the author is put into the "To"-field when you hit the
reply-button. It happened to me multiple times, too.
Maybe the list admin should change it so that the mails have the "Answer
To" field filled with the list adress.

Greetings
Carsten