[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Fred Grayson <fred underscore grayson at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Beta 1.3b10 released
 Date:  Sun, 2 Mar 2008 00:55:23 +0100
On 02.03.2008, at 00:47, Fred Grayson wrote:

> One small thing about the latest Beta 1.3b10 - I upgraded with this
> image and in all the places I can find it, the screens show I'm
> still running 1.233.

Then it's quite likely that the upgrade has failed. If you're using
the generic-pc version, that's probably because 1.3b10 is too large to
fit in the MFS that 1.233 allocates for a firmware upgrade.

Try upgrading from 1.233 to 1.3b7 (which is a bit smaller) first, and
then from 1.3b7 to 1.3b10.

http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads-local/generic-pc-1.3b7.img

I guess I'll have to make an updated 1.23x version with a bigger
firmware MFS size so that people can upgrade properly from 1.23x to
the latest 1.3b versions.

- Manuel