[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joshua Rountrey <josh at rountrey dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  getting wireless and wired to talk to each other
 Date:  Sat, 01 Mar 2008 19:22:43 -0500
I'm truly sorry if this has been covered but here it goes:
here is my setup

dsl bridge -- m0n0wall 192.168.0.1 -- opt1 bridged lan to
               in basement             cheap wifi router
                   |                   upstairs 192.168.2.1

               rest of wired
               network (with
               print server)

What i want to do is try to print from my laptop (wireless) to my print
server (wired), Can anyone lead me to an answer about how to do this? or
is it even possible?

Thank you
Josh Rountrey

ps. in case you are curious i am using m0n0wall and a wifi router
because its tough to get a good signal out of the basement, even with a
5.8 ghz phone.