[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Harbert, Orange Broom" <harbert at orangebroom dot com dot br>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Linksys WMP54GS NIC
 Date:  Mon, 03 Mar 2008 08:25:08 -0300
Hello all,

A while ago I posted a question about the support from the Linksys WMP54GS
NIC, which has a broadcomm chipset (different from the WMP54G which has a
Ralink chipset!). In M0n0wall or FreeBSD this card (chipset) is not
supported.
I played around with FreeBSD 7 RC1 now and got the card there working using
the NDIS drivers. Using no encryption at all, the card is working very good
(seems to be better then under Windows XP), more stable.
Using WEP encryption; then the card still does not work (probably a config
error from me).
Now raises the following question....could it be made functional using NDIS
in m0n0wall? and function as an AP?
Comments and thoughts highly appreciated!!

Greetz,

Harbert