[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Guido Kostons" <guidokostons at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Howto reach the admin pages from a vlan with a procurve 2626 switch
 Date:  Tue, 4 Mar 2008 17:53:43 +0100
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Guido kostons <guidokostons at gmail dot com>
> wrote:
>> I set up a small network to test my new procurve 2626 switch with
>> m0n0wall
>>  and vlan's.
>>  The 3 vlan subnets are working.
>>  I receive an IP and can surf the net from al 3 vlan's.
>>
>>  In the vlan rules i added a rule to allow * to/from *
>>  i can't reach the admin pages when i'm on one of the vlan's
>>
>>  i want to make it possible to reach the admin pages from only 1 of the
>>  vlan's (lan-vlan).
>>  the other vlan's don't need to reach the admin pages
>>
>>  how do i do this in m0n0wall?
>>

> First make sure you have a firewall rule allowing access to the webGUI
> from some host, and then uncheck the anti-lockout rule on the Advanced
> page. Then configure your firewall rules as desired.
>
> -Chris

I installed a beta m0n0wall for vlan test purposes.
The default setting for "webGUI anti-lockout" is unckecked (unlock rule
active).
How do I make a rule to enable webgui acces for piticular host on a vlan
subnet?

Wen i connect a client pc directly to the m0n0wall lan port, without the
switch, i can reach webgui.
Only when i use the switch with the vlans in place i can't reach the webgui
no more.

I tried al kinds of rules but nothing worked.
I probably overlook something small, but what?