[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0nowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to set different gateways for LAN1 and LAN2?
 Date:  Sat, 8 Mar 2008 16:38:09 +0000
Hi,

In message
<60e5bf4c0803080752u1fa6f8ebvf3d5b4ccf70f00b3 at mail dot gmail dot com>, Juan
Carlos Huerta <juancarloshuerta at gmail dot com> writes
>So what is the main purpose in to select an interface in the static routes
>screen? I was trying to make this work creating a static route for LAN2 to
>redirect al traffic from this interface to a new gateway, and leave LAN1
>traffic to use the default gateway. The problem now is that after creating
>the route for LAN2 it applies too for LAN1, now ALL the traffic is using the
>alternate gateway, so I don't understand the goal of selecting an interface
>while creating a static route.

You're thinking about it the wrong way round.  The static routes are
designed so you can tell m0n0wall what networks are behind a router
connected to your LAN or OPT interfaces.  WAN is anything that's not on
your LAN / OPT interfaces.

m0n0wall is not designed to support multiple WAN links - you may want to
look at pfsense (although I've never used it so can't say whether it
will solve your problem).

HTH,

                                Neil.