[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Armstrong <lists at memetic dot org>
 To:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] snmp monitoring
 Date:  Sat, 08 Mar 2008 17:14:13 +0000
YvesDM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a nice, centralized way to monitor about 100 m0n0walls over
> snmp.
> I'm sure many people already doing this. What are you using for monitoring?
> All suggestions are welcome.

I wrote an NMS which recognises m0n0wall (Manuel made some changes for
me) and tracks version numbers and the like. I wrote it because none of
the existing systems fit my requirements. :)

http://www.project-observer.org
http://demo.project-observer.org

My employer uses it for all of its performance and metrics monitoring,
but we also use MON for email alerting (Observer's alerting is a bit
underdeveloped at the moment)

Give me a shout if you want to use it, as there always seems to be a
random dependency that makes it not work!

Thanks,
adam.