[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Mason (Lists)" <lists at masonc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Security for external access
 Date:  Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:58:52 -0400
I have a M0n0wall installation for a large residence. There is a
security camera DVR system behind the firewall, on a static IP on the
local network, which the owner wants access to while he is abroad. I
have put a DNAT in to allow him access by forwarding port 80 to that IP.
The problem is, the device will allow anyone to view the cameras, there
is no web based viewer security. Is there a way to force external users
to authenticate before being able to view the device?

Chris

believed to be clean.