[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless WDS
 Date:  Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:18:53 -0400
WDS is the way of bridging between APs so CP will work if you connect your
primary (Master) AP to CP Interface and all the rest Slave Repeaters will
use master as the source of Inet connection.

However if you want to use mono's wireless interface and connect your AP to
that interface in WDM mode, then it may work or not it just depends on your
APs. For us we never even considering trying that because majority of AP
makes use proprietary bridging (and WDM)  things, they all similar but some
of them just refuse to tallk to other makes, so its better to do WDM in same
brand ewuipment.

If you still need to do WDM on multi make APs that just set up one or 2 APs
as repeaters, that gona do the same as some cheap APs call WDM ex: Senao WDM
is just plain repeater